Thursday, November 22, 2007

We're "Almost Certain" it's a GIRL!


We had our very first ultrasound yesterday and we definately have so much to give thanks for today! So far everything looks good and healthy with our Baby Girl! We are only 13 weeks, but Ultrasounds are getting so advanced now that many people are finding out early. Isn't that CRAZY? So Our Ultrasound tech, Kelsey, gave us a 75% certainty at first that it was a girl and then as she finished up she told us she was ALMOST completely certain that it was indeed a girl, which she never tells parents that, but she would be surprised to find out if it were a boy. Brett and I could not contain our joy...there were a few suttle tears, Brett claims his contacts we're bothering him! Oh....this lil girl is going to have him wrapped around her finger!!!! It's gonna be trouble with a Daddy's lil princess. The Ultrasound was sooo amazing. It was the best hour of my life so far! I can't believe that lil baby is growing inside me! We weren't expecting to get such an awesome view of her, but we did. We saw facial stuctures, organs, and all her extremities with all 10 toes and 10 fingers! She was dancing around and waving hi to us. The Tech even commented on how she was doing cheerleader moves and flips in the pictures. Brett and I both laughed and said that was indeed my daughter! She is measuring about 7.4 cm from Head to Butt which is about 3 inches, then add length too for her legs about 1 inch. We also laughed when the tech mentioned that she looks like she had long legs....where would that come from?! She is actually big for my how far along I am, so they think I'm actually a week further along then anticipated. I think Baby Girl will come when she wants! So that is our most exciting news for the day! Proud and very thankful parents Brett and I are! Sending our Thanksgiving greetings to all our friends and family! We hope that everyone has a wonderful day of football and good eats! Our plan is to do dinner with our friends Joo and James who are also expecting their first girl in Feb or March. Brett does the turkey and I do the fixin's! It's turned into our own tradition for whatever year we don't manage to make it out of town to visit family. I'm excited to use alot of the stuff we got for our wedding! HAVE A WONDERFUL TURKEY DAY TO ALL! Baby Wants to say "Hi" Also!
Baby Girl Stephenson says to "Please click on the 'FLICKR-Pictures' link on the very bottom of this web page to see more pictures of me!!!!!"

2 comments:

Riecke's said...

The little girl alien is so cute. I can't wait to meet "her". I am still waiting til next US til I buy girl things! Happy Turkey Day. Feed her well! Hugs, Anjee

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mae and Brett!!! I loved your Christmas card, what a cute family. Your Mom and Howard are going to be in your guet room a lot the next couple of years, I don't think they will be able to stay away. See you at Andro and Rachelle's wedding, if not before.
Love,
Ivy