Monday, November 19, 2007

Where not to order Pizza!


The other night Brett and I ordered a Pizza from R&R Pizza. One of the 3 or 4 pizza places located here in Queen Creek. Keep in mind that I am normally a fan of the "ma and pa" type of business and tend to stray away from franchises like Pizza Hut if at all possbile. So we ordered at 6:15. The pizza was promised in 45 minutes. Keep in mind also that it was a weds night and the pizza joint is located no more then 1/4 mile down the road. At 7 pm still no pizza and being the patient and normally very understanding people that Brett and I are we chose to give them a lil bit longer. Called once at about 7:30 to check on the pizza. We were told driver would be on the way and here in no more then 15 minutes the "lovely" (that's my attempt to be sarcastic with paranthesis) manager had offered us a 10-15% discount on our NEXT order. Called once again at 8 pm when the pizza still hadn't arrived and was told the same thing. Finally at 8:15 we still had no pizza, called to talk to the Store Manager again, in which he had no time to talk to us and gave us his GM's phone number. Fed up, pregnant and hungary I got in the car to go to the store to purchase a tombstone supreme pizza and Brett stayed home to finally greet the pizza guy at about 8:25pm to then tell him that we no longer wanted the pizza and that we got another one. I'm sure he was pleased, but at that point who wants a cold pizza?! I mean come on, 2 hours to cook and deliver a pizza?! It wasn't even a deep dish, it was a thin crust! And may I please stress that the pizza place is a 10-15 minute WALK from our house. Had the pizza place been at all honest about the delivery time I would have picked up the stickin' pizza myself. Afterall I drove by the pizza place on my way to the store to pick up the tombstone frozen pizza we ended up devouring and loving later that night! On top of that, their only compensation is 10-15% off our Next order?! Come on ...seriously?! I'm pretty sure from now on Brett and I will learn to enjoy franchise Pizza from PIzza Hut or stock up on tombstones! So that's my rant and rave for the day and a fair warning to my Queen Creek Neighbors.

1 comment:

Riecke's said...

I remember Bill and I ate there once. It was gross anyway!