Saturday, February 9, 2008

Found: Deuce's Blood Brother- SPARKY


Every Feb. the NICU I work at collects donations for a local animal shelter. This year it is for AZ Humane Society. There is always a poster hanging up in our locker room describing the different needs of the shelter such as food, leashes, blankets, etc. As well as different pictures of the current animals that are up for adoption. Well I noticed this picture of a cute pup listed as a "greyhound mix" I about died. When Brett and I picked up Deuce at the shelter a few years ago we picked him out of a litter of about 6 or 7 other pups. We were always curious about what happened to the other pups in the litter especially as Deuce grew up and became the unique looking dog he is today. We always wanted to know if his brothers and sisters looked like him. Well here he is.....or at least the closest thing we can come to his brother! I am hoping to convince Brett to take a trip with me to the shelter to actually visit Sparky...but my fear is that if he acts and really looks like Deuce it will break my heart to have to leave him there....... Anyone looking to adopt a dog?!

Here is Sparky's Statistics
I am a neutered male, brown and white Greyhound mix.
The shelter thinks I am about 4 years old.
Shelter Staff made the following comments about this animal:
I AM A SWEET ONE. I LOVE TO WALK AROUND ON A LEASH, BUT WHEN YOU STOP TO LOOK AT THE SKY AND TREES, I WILL CUDDLE & SUNGGLE UP TO YOU. IT'S REQUIRED THAT I MEET ANY KIDS, AND RECOMMENDED THAT I MEET OTHER DOGS.
*I am already microchipped!
Friendly - men,women
Maybe - children, dogs
Unknown - cats
For more information about this animal, call:
Arizona Humane Society - Campus for Compassion at (602) 395-3874
Ask for information about animal ID number A106348

No comments: