Monday, May 26, 2008

Brooklyn Joy Stephenson!

Welcome Brooklyn!!!! We did it! It was a surreal experience...and still is. The whole family made it home yesterday from the hospital. Brooklyn had a wonderful birthday. I was induced like planned and the epidural didn't fully work, it did it's job to take most of the pain away, but I still felt enough. OH well. It was all worth it!!! Brooklyn was born at 619pm...she came quicker then anticipated. We had thought it would be a long night, but before you know it the nurse had me pushing. I could not have not it without Brett, he was the most wonderful support I could have ever imagined...especially since the epidural didn't fully work :-). Brooklyn and I got to bond right away before they took her away to get weighed and measured. She weighed in at 6# 9oz and measured at 20.5 inches. She looks bigger then I would think. Now our life has been completely changed and I barely have time to blog anymore! I know people have been asking to see pics to here they are!!!










Once life has settled here at the Stephenson household I'll be sure to update more....for now...I gotta run and feed my baby!!!

9 comments:

Andro Dio said...

Welcome to the world BJ. Can't wait to meet you.

Love your Uncle Andro and Aunt Ray-Ray

Tod and Casey said...

Oh Mae - I am so happy to see your pictures and to here your home!!! I'm dying to have Brooks and told him that he has got to get the heck out here b/c his new friend is waiting to meet him! She is beautiful, and looks much bigger than 6 lbs 9 oz. I love the picture of her and her brother sleeping :) I hope you are feeling well and please be sure to let us know when you are up to a visitor! Have a wonderful Monday evening! Love, Tod and Casey

Riecke's said...

Thank you. I was able to make it through my day at work! She is precious! I need to see her and hug her!

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh, She is BEAUTIFUL. I can't wait till I get to see and hold her. Take care. Get some sleep. heehee.

Christine

Anonymous said...

Oh my gush, Mae she looks like Brett and she only got the color of your hair. I am delighted to finally see her pictures. She is BEAUTIFUL.

Love you and I am sure Ria is excited to view the pictures. I forwarded this email at home.

Auntie Rose

John, Erin and Jaxon said...

She is just a doll! beautiful!
What a blessing she will be in your lives. Enjoy every second... It goes sooo fast!

Anonymous said...

Wow. A new mom, yet you squeezed in time to blog. I am impressed. I am sure you are all still on a blissful high with little Brooklyn finally here. Getting to know your new little one is the best. Happy cuddling. And as everyone else said, let us know when you are up to visitors or even a phone chat. Thinking of you.

Love always,
Becky (and Scott and Amaya, too)

P.S. The pics are great. As I said before, she's precious! Like I had to tell you. Smile, smile.

The Nutting Family said...

Glad to see that everything went good! She's perfect- look at that hair! We were thinking about you on Friday. Hope you are enjoying being at home as much as we are. Keep posting on here... you need something to pass the time while you watch her sleep! As Glenn likes to say "love you"!
Love, Talia Glenn and Grant

Nina Dio said...

What a Bundle of Joy!
when will i get my own one?!? sigh.

Congratulations and best wishes to the brand new parents, Mae & Brett!