Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So much to share!

First off I forgot to mention and thank the girls at work for throwing me a baby shower last Thursday. It was sooo sweet and thoughtful I really felt special. The girls had made a diaper cake and stuffed it with all sorts of baby goodies and gifts. We also got more cute clothes, books and diaper wipes galore! They had set it up potluck style and there was soo much yummy food, not to mention yummy cake! Thank you to the NICU gals!!! I have pictures, but they are hard copy and our scanner is out of service at the moment, but will make sure to share them as soon as it is back up and running.

Brett and I celebrated our first anniversary last night. We went to T. Cooks at the Royal Palms in Scottsdale. I didn't really want to include the picture below because I look awful and swollen in the picture, but then I thought hey I'm 9 mos pregnant, I have an excuse!!!! What do people expect?! It's natural and it's no secret that I've gained weight :-) I was a cheap date since I couldn't drink the bottle of wine that I would have liked too :-) It still was a perfect evening. We sat outside on the patio and had a wonderful dinner....dessert however was better :-)
On the way up to dinner Brett and I exchanged our presents. I actually gave part of it the night before. I framed a world map to hang up in the office.
Brett and I love to travel as much as we can and now we can pin point all our travel adventures on this map. Which Brett had fun doing last night. The other gift that I got him was a new watch. He'd been talking about needing one and wanting one. It's a watch from Burberry, didn't realize that they even made watches, but hey it looked nice and sharp and he seemed to like it :-).

For my big present...combined mother's day, baby, and annivesary I got an anniversary band. It's matches my wedding band he gave me and is meant to wear with the set. It's the most perfect gift and I love it. I was so shocked when I opened the box to find another ring! It was like being proposed to all over again! Well minus the whole will you marry me and down on one knee part. The ring completes and balances my engagement ring and wedding band. Only thing is that my hands swell too much thru the day that by the end I can't take off my rings so I've quit wearing them until after the baby is born.

The other thing that I wanted to share was that I had my "37" week (I'm actually 38 wks tomorrow) dr appt today. He checked me to see if I'm progressing at all with labor and I am 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced. For all those non-medical people reading this....that means I'm at least 1/5 thru with the whole labor process and more importantly I can go into true labor and have this baby any day now! My guess is that I'll have the baby Saturday...I work Weds and Fri thru Sun night so that ought to send me to labor one of those days. Though I can also still go to my due date if the baby doesn't want to come out! I've been having contractions all the time, all bearable and not painful, so nothing that I feel I need to go to the hospital for. Soon though. I'm comforted knowing that I'm at least doing something and progressing. Hooray! I can't wait to meet this baby girl of ours!!!! Brett asks on the daily basis, sometimes a few times during the day, if I think we're going to have this baby today. He's obviously as excited as I. One day soon I hope to shock him and tell him yes and to meet me at the hospital. For now my response is still "I doubt it." Our bags are packed and we're ready though!!! The baby's room is ready. We just have to figure out how to use the car seat and set it up in the car....minor detail! Soon, we're going to have our baby pictures on this blog! For know you'll have to see fat prego pictures of me :-)

Alright I have to go nest and mop the floors. It's funny how panic struck when the Dr. told me that I was actually dilated and effaced. All sorts of things starting popping in my head that needed to get done before this baby came....all cleaning though. Lucky Brett!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're beautiful not matter what you say or how fat you think you look.

Christine

Riecke's said...

Yah, you are quite the cow. Still looking cute as ever. I was 2cm and 60 percent effaced for a couple weeks. Hee hee.. not to bum you out. Maybe some long nights at work will do the trick. Love ya! Have a good night at work.

rachellepaige said...

Yay!!!! Come on baby, your whole extended family is waiting to meet you!

John, Erin and Jaxon said...

Congratulations on your anniversary...and you look beautiful....at this point I was 60lbs heavier and had outgrown my maternity clothes...it was not a good look! Jaxon and I are looking forward to meeting his new little girlfriend.