Thursday, July 3, 2008

Procrastinating....

Last night we were blessed again with 5 hours of consecutive sleep....though my sleep clock has seemed to adjust to Brooklyn's 3-4 hour feeds and I still manage to wake up about that time. I was pleasantly surprised to wake up the last few nights to find Brooklyn asleep still.

Today Brooklyn and I went to a Dr. appt. Then Mommy and Daughter went shopping! I have to find something nice to wear for my Brother and Rachelle's Rehearsal Dinner in a couple weeks. In an effort to not go shopping for new clothes I tried hard to just make something work that I already own. And though I was pleased to find that I can wear most of my pre-Brooklyn clothes (there are some that are still a tight squeeze...I have a few extra lbs to still shed!...the Hot Fudge Sundaes aren't helping...ughhmmm Keri!) I don't have anything nice enough to wear that is Breast Feeding Friendly. I don't think our Family, Rachelle's Family or their friends would appreciate me hiking up my dress over my head so I can feed my baby. I did finally find something acceptable to wear and after a successful shopping adventure (I managed to buy only one thing and not get side tracked and get other items!) Brooklyn and I went to go meet Brett for lunch. He was working open to close today so we thought we'd join him for his hour long lunch.

I promised Brett that I would finally get cracking and start studying again for my real estate license exam when I got home. I was supposed to have taken the test in the spring, but I got distracted with prepping for Brooklyn. Now that I am home with Brooklyn I really should get studying again, but playing with Brooklyn is just soo much more fun! In fact after I fed her this last time she was still wide awake so I opened up her gymini play mat for the 1st time and she loved it! For about 15 mins then she wanted to be held again. Here she is exploring her first official play toy....


So now that she's napping again I should get back to studying, but Blogging about my day is just way more interesting! I can procrastinate with the best of them! Sorry Brett....I promise to be studying by the time you get home tonight though!

We're looking forward to our weekend. Brett has 3 days off for the holiday. We hope that everyone enjoys their weekend. Happy 4th of July!!!!!

No comments: