Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend Update.....

We had quite a busy weekend and we didn't even see fireworks on Friday! We opted to stay away from the crowds and loud fireworks because of Brooklyn this year. We heard them going off from the couch in our family room however. We did have a nice dinner instead with some friends. Todd, who is friends of Brett's from North Dakota, and his new fiance, Lily. We had a nice time and Mommy even cheated with her breast feeding diet and had a lil tiny glass of wine...Brooklyn Slept 6 hours that night though! Lily will be watching Brooklyn one day a week when I go back to work. She's starting courses at ASU this fall and wants to get into Nursing so I am very thankful that she is able to still watch Brooklyn while going to school. It'll be nice to have her watch Brooklyn instead of me having to find a complete stranger. What a relief! Thanks Lily! Brooklyn looks foward to hanging out with you!!!!! (She told me that after we dropped you off Friday night!)
Here's Brooklyn sporting her Red White and Blue for the fourth.... She's proud to be a Filipina-American!

And Deuce wanted to take another picture where he was actually posing this time...ears back and all!



Yesterday Brett and I ran a few errands and then headed to the Furniture store to pick up a table that my parents had bought us for our Anniversary present. They have been out of stock til now. Mom & Hojo- here's the picture our new piece of furniture.



We've been trying for the past 2.5 yrs to find a piece of furniture to fit into the niche there and we finally found one that fit perfectly and we are very happy to not have to stare at the blank wall that used to house my Ab lounger! Thank you soo much Mom and Hojo for the table! Our House is finally coming together!!! Before you know it, Brett will want to move again!

Then today Brett and I painted the office. Brett's new project has been to get the office painted and organized with some more new furniture in the near future. Brooklyn sat in her pink chair and watched us from the hallway...Deuce helped keep her entertained. After that we did some more shopping for shelves to go above the new table we got yesterday and shopped for some last minute items we'll need before our big trip on Saturday! We leave to go to Fargo first and spend time with Brett's side of the family and then we'll head out to go to Wisconsin for the Big Wedding! I'm very excited, but still rather stressed about the whole traveling with Brooklyn part! So much to pack and to think about when traveling with her. Brooklyn's been such a good baby for us that I am sure she'll be fine traveling...lets at least keep our fingers crossed! She does very well traveling in the car....here she is on our 1 hr car ride trip to N. Scottsdale to pick up the table yesterday.

She's finally fitting her pink Chuck Taylors!

She loved them sooo much she insisted she wear them again today....

3 comments:

The Nutting Family said...

I like Brooklyn's sassy pictures- adorable and she's getting so big! You know what, my doctor suggested for me to have wine and beer while nursing! I probably never would have made it the 2 1/2 weeks I did if he would have forbidden it!! So have another- or 2! Congrats on finding a good sitter too... I'm surfing the net in class at school- my first day back and it sucks being away from him :(

Keri said...

I miss my beautiful Brooklyn SOOO much! She is so adorable in all of her girly outfits (and shoes) but I knew mommy Mae would have it no other way....
Have a great time on your trip- Congrats to Andro and Rachelle on their wedding!

Tod and Casey said...

Mae - She looks so stinking cute!!! I'm glad to hear you had a good 4th!