Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Year New Job

Technically, not a new year for everyone, but just a new year for me. I turned 29 yesterday...sigh sigh sigh..... Brett kept insisting yesterday that I was getting old and my response back everytime was that I was not as old as him :-) I imagaine next year is going to be a tough Birthday to have! We went to breakfast in the morning and then ran errands. We went for a nice walk around the neighborhood since yesterday finally brought us 80 degree weather and then I got a good nap in the afternoon. Had dinner and Brett took us for ice cream afterwards. Played a some scrabble which Brett kicked my Butt in! (He didn't even let me win on my Birthday...see how competitive he is!!!) Then we called it a night....not much different then our average day, but that was my Birthday request this year. We laid low and Brett promises to wisk me away on vacation for the big 3-0 next year....I am hoping that will soften the blow!!!

Alright and technically it's not a new job for me, but it sort of is. I'm starting to work back in the Adult ICU and tonight's my first night back in over a year. I don't have time to do overtime there like I used to so I decided to pick up a part time position there and go part time in the NICU. So I will still have full time status and benefits. I'm sorta nervous since I've been out of the "adult world" in over a year. I'm guessing I'll be a fish out of water for a little bit, but I'm hoping it'll be like riding a bike....Wish me luck! Thank goodness for orientation shifts! Anyway, I made the decision so I can keep my adult care skills up since in the NICU the skills are so specific to the newborn.

So that's our latest.....we're all doing well. Thanks for the Birthday wishes from everyone.....

Here's a picture of my Chunky Cheeky Monkey from our breakfast outing yesterday morning....

4 comments:

Riecke's said...

Happy Birthday. I'll see you in the am! Good luck!

Becky said...

Happy Birthday, again. Look at miss Brooklyn sitting in a big girl high chair. Wow. She's growing up. What a sweetie!

Tod and Casey said...

Mae! I wish I would have known it was your birthday! Happy 29! That is so neat about your job. It wasn't until I heard that you had previously worked in the adult ICU that I even considered it for me. I know that sometime in my career...maybe even in the beginning, I would love to work in that department. Have fun and let me know how it goes!

John, Erin and Jaxon said...

Happy Birthday...and 29 was harder for me than 30! Although I have only been 30 for a few months...but so far so good...no broken hips yet!