Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pics Pics and More Pics!!!

First off I haven't shared pictures from our most recent playdate at the Scottsdale Train Park. We had fun, as always!!! Brooklyn was dressed for the cool weather....it was high 70s!!!, but there was a cool breeze and it was way cooler when I left the house I swear!










Turkey (& Ham) day was wonderful. Dinner was great...company was better! Thank you to the Riecke's for feeding us well and James the stuffing was terrific, like it is every year! Ellie, Will and Brooklyn had fun with each other. Brooklyn had her first Kiss from a Boy...Will, I'm a proud Mama that she was kissed from you!



It was quite priceless and when the Mommys awwed at the momentous event Will hid his face behind his eyes. Daddy Stephenson was out front with Daddy Riecke so they missed the event, but I can only imagine the comments that would have came from them. Brett would have had a few colorful words I am sure and Bill would be sporting some proud grins for his lil guy!

Thank you Will for sharing all your wonderful Toys! Brooklyn especially loved the dump truck and train.







(Brooklyn was quite upset when Will took the train from her to show her how to use it...typical girl!...I'm sure she's stubborn like her Mommy and was thinking I could do it myself!)


Since I have been pretty much only working part time the past few weeks I have had alot of time to spend with Miss Brooklyn.



She's just been an absolute Joy! Every new thing she does is momentous and so sweet and cute...at least to her Daddy and I it is. We've discovered that it just thrills her to play peak-a-boo with us and here she is trying to find Brett who hides around the High chair.


Her best pal in the world is Deuce.


She's finally found the jingling noise that comes from him and is constantly pulling at his collar and tags.


He's constantly sneaking in the kisses...



Brooklyn is quite fascinated by the movie "The Little Mermaid" and is quite content to watch the whole movie if we'd let her or if sleep doesn't get to her first.





The other day I stepped in her line of vision of the movie to try and distract her and she simply leaned to the side to look around me and did not miss a beat of the movie. I chuckled and just shook my head.

For the skeptics out there who feel that Brooklyn may watch too much TV I swear that she gets enough developmental play time also! It's just easier to snap pictures of her while she's watching TV and I'm not involved in the playtime. But just in case you didn't believe it.....





She has one book to read and one book to chew on! ( Of course what is she reading about?...Puppies and Mermaids...her 2 most favorite topics! )

We're slowly getting everything up for Christmas. I tried to get Brooklyn in her stocking, but she's a little to plump to fit.

Here's what the rolls and folds look like under the garments...





Laura, a friend from work, said it best when she called her the Michelin Baby....




See the resemblance?

6 comments:

Riecke's said...

Thanks for sharing all the pics. I'm a bad blogger. With all the fam here it's hard to find time. I'll get caught up though! Thanks for a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love you all!

Nicole said...

It's funny because Ella just watched The Little Mermaid for the first time the other day and LOVES it! We should have movie night at our house one night and maybe the adults could actually get some talk time :)

Anonymous said...

Too cute. Before we know it she'll be crawling and then running all around and those adorable rolls will disappear. Therefore, that last picture is both adorable and priceless. Smile, smile. Give her a squeeze from the Mitchells! Hope to see you guys soon. Later. -B

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Before we know it she'll be crawling and then running all around and those adorable rolls will disappear. Therefore, that last pic is both adorable and priceless. Give her a squeeze from the Mitchells. Hope to see you guys soon. Later-B

The Banks Family said...

Man you are so good about keeping up on the site! Kudos to you Miss Mae! Brooklyn is as cute as ever! Love the pics! Especially, the one of her sleeping on the bed! COngrats on your 1st smoochie Brooklyn!! :)

Tod and Casey said...

Mae - I love the pics! Brooklyn is soo sweet! I love her chubby body!