Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gifted Ink

Brett is on a week long hiatus from work and what a better way to enjoy your vacation then with a massive scab down your side.....


So he finally did....we're living a thug life! Just kidding. I promised Brett back in June a new tattoo for Daddy's day (see archived blog from June) and Brett decided that yesterday was going to be the day to cash in on that. He's known that Brooklyn's name was going to be next on his collection since before she was even concieved. And Yes, Mel, I agree that "Joy" would have been a ton easier! We went to the shop yesterday simply to have it drawn up and ended up hanging out there there to have it done. I wanted to be there to check out the whole process and would have preferred Brooklyn to have hung out at a friends or sitter's but wasn't the case. Brooklyn was a prefectly happy child hanging out in Mommy's lap for the 1.5 hours it took to have Daddy's new art done. I'm not kidding either. I was impressed and the shop was surprisingly very child friendly. Apparently lots of families take their kids to the tattoo shop!!! There were other kids that Brooklyn was intrigued by watching. Alright, so had Brooklyn been any older I definately would not have taken her to the shop. This is definately not a memory I insist she keep. So my personal thoughts on Tattoos.....WAY to permanent! I'm too anal to have it done and why inflict pain when not needed? Since my hubbie is inked up I feel the need to stay ink free so our kids don't grow up thinking they need to get one too. This tattoo is in addition to a few others that Brett already has. It's funny too because if you were to look at him on the average day you would never guess that he would have as many as he does. My tie and collared shirt business like hubbie hides them all well even with shorts and a tee. Of course now a days alot of people walk around all inked up that you would never guess. So as long as Brett keeps his tattoos in areas that he can still keep covered and "clean up nicely" then I'm okay with it. So no tattoos across his neck that say "Maria" or lucky dice on his wrists or even the "Chase" emblem on his forearm...hehehe. Good thing Brett and I don't want a litter of kids! 2 kids is all that we hoped to be blessed with. Brett's running out of places to get tattoos! So not my ideal way to spend a vacation...my ideal vacation would involve massages and fruity drinks with umbrellas beach side.


On a different note...Brooklyn enjoyed opening up an early Christmas present the other day. My Aunt and Uncle from Canada sent us a package that Brooklyn was thrilled to tear through!!!


She was a champ getting through the wrapping paper to get to the gift itself!



Thank you soo much Uncle Rene and Auntie Emma! We love the clothes and the chocolate is perfect solution for my never ending sweet tooth and increased calorie consumption...soo yummy!

6 comments:

Casey said...

Hey Mae - Brett's tattoo looks great, the first word that came to mind was "pretty" but don't tell him that! Hope all is well, take care and have a great day!

John, Erin and Jaxon said...

OUCH! I am so scared of needles there is no way I could ever get one...I would pass out and end up with baby tweety on my butt! ha!

Lindsay Teague Moreno said...

that tattoo is awesome! M and I are going to get tattoos once the girls are settled in and we raise the cash (if that ever happens based on the price of preemie diapers). I'm doing the wrist tattoos and M is getting one in the same place as your hubs or else it will go on the forearm! Pretty cool! That font he chose is awesome!

L

The West Family said...

OUCH!
Thanks for the diaper rash advice. We have been letting her run around in her birthday suit after bathtime and applying Desitin Clear. It is getting better. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Now that's a tatoo. Scott plans to get an Amaya tatoo and I think he'll be glad she has a short name after he sees that one. It looks awesome, though! Did you end up going to Urban Art? -Becky

Shana said...

Good thing they spelled her name correctly!