Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Discoveries.....

Brooklyn's found the doggie door and has been quite interested on the whole world outside. That's more motivation for us to finally fix up the backyard. 3 years in this house and you'd think it would be done by now huh?!


We are in serious need to baby proof this house because of this now. She's crawling around everywhere and I can't take my eyes off her anymore. Last night she took her first and ONLY major spill out of the highchair with THANKFULLY minor injuries. She's got one tiny red bump on her noggin which is one of those that you would have to be looking for to find. She cried for a minute and then went right back on to playing. Her chubby self must have cushioned the fall! I'm not quite ready to talk about the tumble from the highchair quite yet....I still feel awful and ashamed that it happened and truly want to cry when I think of it. Brett says it's not my fault...but I don't care...she's my baby and I hated seeing her kinda hurt. She slept with us last night...that's how bad I felt, I didn't want to take my eyes off her....

So we lowered her crib to prevent her from spilling....too bad we can't lower the highchair!!!! Here is Daddy and Brooklyn hard at work lowering the bed.






Brooklyn cruising along checking out Daddy's handy work





Here's a pic from lunch on Saturday with Martin's daughter Anna. Brooklyn and her just loved each other. Thanks for all the kisses and hugs Anna!!!




Pics from Ellie's birthday festivities......
What a beautiful Korean Princess huh?! Brooklyn enjoyed the birthday party!!!!






I finally am able to put a tiny...I'm talking TINY.... ponytail on the top of Brooklyn's head now with her long "bangs" that have been growing in.





Here she is enjoying table foods now....






I'm trying to introduce her to as much food as possible so she's not a picky eater and I'm really trying to get ween her from baby foods to table foods. I did make her own baby food the other night and wow was that easy! No more Gerber for me!!!!!

She loves her toast....and so does Deuce. I definately don't need to sweep up when she's done eating!



Deuce patiently sitting waiting for her to give up the toast and Brooklyn LOVES to taunt him with it!! Poor dog....




Still no teeth and just our gummy smile! Oh well....she can go to kindergarten with her gummy smile. No one would make fun of her at all!!!!!



Alright, that's all the pics I have to share for now...

2 comments:

John, Erin and Jaxon said...

Do not worry about the bumps...I hate to say it but there will be more...Jax has a bruise the size of Texas on his head...running from me on the sidewalk to go to the park...darn sidewalk jumped up and bit him....it was horrible but I am sure not the last...especially since he is such a monkey..and looks like Brooklyn might just be as curious! Nail everything down you can! :)

The Banks Family said...

WoW what a big girl eating her toast. Madden doesn't have any teeth yet either. I thought for sure they would be in by now the way he drools!! He does some amazing "chewing" with his gums though. :)