Friday, September 18, 2009

Little Miss Trouble


This is the image that comes to my head whenever I discover what new talents my girl has and what new thing she's getting into. We have a bistro height table in the breakfast area of our kitchen and I always thought that it works out to our benefit since most of my friends have had to re-configure and re-decorate their dining room set-ups because their toddlers have fascinated themselves with climbing onto the chairs and tables. I thought, better we have a bistro height table, until the other day when I discovered this....

I was able to capture a picture until she preceded to climb to the top of our table and then stand up....for obvious reasons I didn't get a chance to capture a picture of that. She's quite fascinated with climbing on everything and anything and has been even been known to join other diners at restaurants at their tables.
Not only does she climb on anything and everything, our child proof cabinet locks are not so child proof. She's figured out how to unhatch the lock....I guess I better invest on the magnet system. The baby gates have made it's appearance back downstairs. Before we were able to pretty much keep her contained to the family room and not have much issue with that, but she's so darn quick lately that she's managed to make it up the stairs without us noticing....talk about having a heart attack. Last weekend when Teresa and I were enjoying the beautiful night outdoors in the backyard we had let Brooklyn roam free....big mistake. We were watching her roam and before I knew it she was in the back corner by her swing set up the ladder and about to take the plunge down the slide by the time I got to her. Let me tell ya, running across rocks with no shoes on is not fun! I have no idea how Brooklyn can stand walking the rocks and act like it doesn't phase her and I had no clue that she even knew how to climb up the ladder! (Funny Side Story: I let Brooklyn go down the slide unassisted, not thinking she'd pick up as much speed as she did....she made it about a few feet past the end of the slide, skidding across the gravel, I gasped, but she got up giggled and made her way right back to the ladder to do it all over again) So our days lately have been spent readjusting for Brooklyn's desire to explore and climb. I bought her a chalk board easel last weekend hoping she'd find entertainment drawing, which she did....


but shortly after this picture was taken I found her climbing up in the middle of it, balancing on the the wooded sticks holding it together! By the way, I like to think this was a bargain deal. The easel has 2 sides, one is a white board, the other is a chalk board. It was only 14.99 at Ikea and for a few dollars more you can get the paper roll that connects in the middle and then comes up through the top to lay over either side. For now she only uses the chalk side since I don't want her experimenting with crayons or markers over anything other then the easel....which she would. Chalk is way easier to clean up!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

consider yourselves SO BLESSED! Blessed birthday weekend, (so sad I couldn't make that drive), but soon I will travel to see the entire family (hopefully in Chicago) and the two oh so precious packages and to meet little miss baby! Also blessed that Brooklyn hasn't gotten any paints yet for that easel....(yet! Auntie Art Teacher will have to introduce her to washable Tempera's atleast!!!) She's so adventurous and covered in spaghetti!!!! too cute, makes me soooo excited to see what my little stinka bug will get into!