Thursday, November 5, 2009

Brooklyn's New Boyfriend


Brooklyn's newest Nickelodeon obsession is Diego. She still does the happy dance for Kai Lan and Dora, but you can see the sparkle in her eyes when Diego appears. She sings along with the opening credits and during the "GO DIEGO GO" part she sings, GA-GO. Ga-GO is now how she refers to Diego...hey, whatever works! We get what she is saying. With Diego she gets a huge grin on her face and taps her right foot up and down...that's her version of Dancing these days.

Her other clutch saying these days is when Deuce gets up on the table to beg for food (thanks to Brett who feeds him from the table) Brooklyn says in perfect clear english..."Get DOwn (insert slight pause here) Deuce" Brooklyn's very polite whenever we leave somewhere, she'll say "Bye Bye", wave and then make sure to say Thank You -pronounced "Tay U" to the people working at whatever establishment we were visiting. Although today while her and I were enjoying breakfast at Crackers & CO. she waved bye bye to the other patrons and thanked them. Just gotta love her for trying!!! I'm not about to try and correct her for attempting for good manners!

I had my 28 week Dr. Appt this morning. PASSED my glucose test! Wahoo! Wasn't expecting that....I totally thought I would be in to sit at the lab to do the 3 hour fasting glucose test. My Hemoglobin and Hematocrit levels are low...no surprise there, might explain the shortness of breath (along with a baby pressing on my diaphragm and lungs). Nothing a little Red Meat and maybe some Iron supplements can't fix. On the way out the Nurse Practioner reminded me that I would need to up my visits to every 2 weeks now...and that's when Panic set in. Holy cow, I'm seriously at this point already?! So much to do and yet still excited!

1 comment:

Riecke's said...

yeah for your sugars. Boo for your iron, but yah, just take a stool softener with that iron pill! Ewww... Soon soon...we'll be rockin' our babes together!