Tuesday, December 29, 2009

36 weeks of growing a baby

I went to my weekly Dr appt this afternoon and I am very pleased to find out that I am 2 cm dilated and 50 percent effaced. I can still be like this at 40 wks and that would suck, but at least I know I'm not closed and that I am effaced. At least these contractions are doing something and I can hope to go into labor naturally. Who knows...could be any day now or it could be weeks! I kicked it in high gear when I got home though. Cleaning as always, making sure things are organized and I made sure to go up and down the stairs as many times as I could, didn't sit down because I figure that'll help speed things along!!! Then I remembered I better not push it too much cause I have to have enough energy to actually push the baby out if I do go into labor. The other day I came home from work and Brett asked me, as I was about to pass out on the couch, if we were gonna have a baby that day. I thought there is no way I would be able to have a baby at that moment because I was simply too tired...told Brett they'd have to c-section me to get her out if I did go into labor. Another nice reminder that I better take it easy!

1 comment:

The West Family said...

You are doing great. I can't believe it is already time for you to have her. Seems like it has gone by so fast. Don't work too hard...as they all say, she'll come when she is ready. :-) I'll be praying for a healthy delivery.