Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Small Closet Solution

So my big dilemma was how I was going to combine the 2 closets of clothing that Brooklyn has into 1 closet in order to make room for Baby #2 and her belongings. I started to store away in bins, clothes that were way too big at this point (Thanks to Grandma she has outfits for when she's 4) and then I saw this at my local Bed Bath & Beyond....





This metal bar hangs from the existing closet structure rod and adds an extra row! I've never been much of a drawer person to store clothing because I find that the things that get folded and placed under everything end up getting forgotten about....I know wierd. So now I have a whole extra row for all of Brooklyn's clothes and have made room for baby #2! I still had to use bins for the larger clothes, but the extra rod was a complete god send. And after my 20% coupon (which I collected in mass quanities a few weeks ago from my wonderful friends for other projects that I had and was in a hunt for the coupons) I only spent $10!

2 comments:

Alex said...

I found one of those at Walmart when I gave up on my $150 closet organizer from Home Depot (it frustrated me sooo bad I wanted to throw it out the window!). I also got a cloth hanging organizer (kinda like a hanging shoe rack but wider/bigger) for the middle, and then the double bar for each side. Really cheap and practical!

Riecke's said...

You B.... You make me look WAAAY unorganized! I have stuff crammed in closets! I hate you perfect Mom! okay, I do love you, but can I bring some sh@# over to store at your house!?!? :)