Monday, January 18, 2010

Alexis Hope Stephenson

WE DID IT AGAIN!!!! Our family has grown by one more HUGE and INCREDIBLE blessing! At 1053 pm on Jan 16th Alexis Hope "quickly" joined our family! She weighed in at 5 #11.6 oz and was 19 inches long. After finally getting to the hospital and settled in our hospital room the induction and waiting began. I got my pitocin by 5pm. Epidural at 845pm, and the drugs finally got me comfy by 945. My Mom came in to join the fun right about then. I was checked shortly after and was only measuring about 5 cm. I figured it would still be a while before I was ready to push so I took a nap. Woke up a few times during my nap thinking that I felt alot of "pressure" but figured she's just on her decent down. By 1045 I mentioned it to my nurse who decided to then check me only to find baby already crowning! "Holy cow calls" got placed to other staff and the Dr, who thankfully was in the lounge hanging out. Dr made it in just in time. I pushed 2 times in a matter of 2 mins and before I knew it I was staring face to face with the newest love in my life! It was incredible!!!!! (if I was guranteed labor like that everytime I would have litters and litters of kids!) Alexis is perfect in EVERY single way! She's a teensy itty bitty little thing (I'm extremely thankful she's not a HUGE baby!!!) and Brett and I can't get over that we made her! She's everything we had "hoped" for....hence her middle name. I know everyone has been asking to see pictures so here they are....













Brooklyn's first meeting with Alexis went great. I wasn't going to have her come see her in the hospital due to visitor restrictions and all, but since the hospital had lifted the restrictions I couldn't resist. I was missing my lil Girl and was dying for Brooklyn and Alexis to meet. Brooklyn saw the baby and grabbed onto Alexis just as if Alexis was just another one of her dolls and held onto her. She knew right away Alexis was the baby and was all smiles when she got to hold her. She kept saying over and over "Bay-Beese!" (by the way....Daddy was responsible for Brooklyn's hair that afternoon...he took her in public like that...and yes I am throwing him under the bus on this because he now is the owner of 2 girls and needs to step it up on the hair dept!...HE is a WONDERFUL daddy, but hair isn't his thing...we'll get him there!)







Here's the new happy family....we're complete.




The Stephenson Girls....




Alexis Hope....how can you resist those big brown eyes!......






Brett, Alexis and I made it home earlier today and we're all doing well...a little sleep deprived, but happy to be home! I'm recovering very quickly and feel great. Not 100% back to normal, but pretty darn close. I'm impressed I'm back blogging this quickly, but it helps that Grandma (who has now been named "Memaw") is here wanting all the cuddle time she can get with her new little peanut and that Brett has taken Brooklyn to run errands. God bless the quiet! I'll be sure to post more pictures soon...

9 comments:

Casey said...

She is beautiful Mae! We can't wait to meet her!

Nicole said...

She is gorgeous....well you all look gorgeous actually! Ella says, " I have one of those (alexis), see..."(and she points to JOnah). She is so excited that Brooklyn has a sibling too. That is great that you are feeling so well....lucky! What an awesome labor experience...I agree, if it was always that easy, we would have a bundle too. I am so happy for you guys and just love the fact that Brett has three beautiful ladies to spoil. We hope to see you all very soon. we could bring dinner by later this week or the beginning of next. Trav will call Brett.

Lindsay Teague Moreno said...

Adorable and amazing, Mae. You and Brett make some pretty babies!!! Congratulations again!

Lindsay

The West Family said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful little baby girl. All the best to your family. :-) And I LOVE the name Alexis.

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! Way too CUTE!

Mrs. D said...

Mae, she is gorgeous! Congratulations! Love the new family pictures!

But I have to ask--what do you consider to be a huge baby? Lol--my dad weighed nearly 11 lbs. and both Addam and I were 8 lbs. 10 oz. so I'm fully expecting Isaac to be at least 8 lbs.

Becky said...

Was so fun seeing you guys Sunday. You guys were glowing. She is just so darn cute and perfect. So happy for you guys. "Hope" to see you guys again soon. ;-)

Kathy Jacobson said...

Congratulations, have been watching your blog after Mike told me you were expecting again. She is beautiful as is Brooklyn. What a great looking family you are. Again congrats from North Dakota.
Kathy Jacobson

The Allans said...

Congrats Mae, she is beautiful.