Thursday, April 15, 2010

10 yrs ago yesterday...

So here's the story of how Brett and I first met.

One day my friend, Nicole, and I decided to blow off any studying we needed to do and go hang out with our guy friends Paul and Brian. If I recall correctly Brian and Paul were actually needing a sober ride somewhere (SURPRISE SURPRISE!). Nicole and I headed to Ahwahtukee to Brian's parents house. Brian and Paul were a few bud lights into the afternoon and were procrastinating on doing their taxes before the deadline. Brian needed to go pick up a tuxedo at the Men's Wearhouse in Ahwahtukee for a sorority function he would be going to the following night. We all tagged along. After picking up his tux the guys decided to make a pit stop across the parking lot at the El Paso BBQ restaurant. They were hoping to score some free beer at the bar where their fellow fraternity brother "Brett Stephenson" was working. I had always heard the name from the guys, but never before had I met him. I had to quickly remind the guys that I was underage and that we would be quickly booted from the bar. They both assured me that Brett wouldn't care to card me and that it would be a quick visit. So we stopped in the guys said their hello's and I was introduced. (I like to believe he was soo overwhelmed by my presence he forgot to card me even though I really only looked 12 at the time) We sat and socialized with Brett while he worked behind the bar. Brian and Brett were chatting about the next night and their plans to attend the sorority formal (mind you-not my sorority ). Brian was going with one of Brett's good friends, Kendra, and Brett was going with a girl named Sherry. I assumed that this Sherry girl was his girlfriend and thought nothing of it. I was enjoying my frosty beverage and apparently left a lasting impression when I asked Brett to bring me a straw since the mug it sat in was too heavy for me to pick up. Brett was attractive and I remember saying something of the sorts to Nicole, but that was about it. I wasn't interested since I was dating someone else as well as I had had plans to move back to Chicago the following month. Apparently Brett had other plans for us.....So that was our first meeting....10 years ago yesterday. To Be Continued.......

1 comment:

Casey said...

Cute, I love hearing people's stories!