Monday, April 26, 2010

A whole new world

Alexis is loving her new outlook on life from her Bumbo.




She's much more awake and aware of her surroundings. I can no longer just lay her in her crib and walk away knowing she'll fall asleep quickly. She's more mobile and doesn't stay in the position I left her in so it's taken a few trips back to her room to help her out if she lost her binkie or turns herself in some ackward position before she actually falls asleep. She's smiling and babbling. She'll even laugh when she's tickled.


Brooklyn's new buddy that's she likes to spend the day with is Elmo. She even insisted I take a picture of Elmo because he was smiling.




Brooklyn is talking non stop and for the most part it doesnt sound totally chinese to me. Spending all day long with her helps and it's not a struggle trying to interpret what she's saying. She put togther a sentence today and hollared out "MOM!, I can't reach the ball" Then the other day we were driving and said, "Mom, WOOK, BITCH!" Thankfully I knew enough to know there wasn't anyone inapproriate out the window, but instead there was a field of dirt that looked just like a beach (minus the water) Thankfully also we weren't in public. Although she announced "poopy" while we were sitting at lunch at a restaurant last weekend. And then a man with a white long beard walked by and she hollared out "Teetah!" Which is Brooklyn for Santa. Good thing the santa look a like had no idea teetah was in reference to him.

My return to work has gone smoothly. I was cancelled one of my first few shifts so it help to soften the blow. Truthfully I am glad to be back at work. Yes, I am tired, but so far its been manageable. I never thought I would say this, but I'm glad to be back to the working force. I go to my job and feel like I'm doing what I am meant to be doing in my life and then I come home to my girls and husband and feel just the same. Life is good! I haven't missed a step with the girls and still feel like I know my girls the best and that I'm still in control of raising them and being with them. I am home with them all day long and miss then only when they are sleeping. I feel so blessed to have found such a wonderful person to watch the girls when we do need. Hillary our nanny comes to help at least once a week and Brooklyn is totally fond of her.

She's been part-time nannying for us since last August. Brooklyn calls her "he-wee." She's always sitting on Hillary's lap or playing with Hillary when I come into the room. In fact, Brooklyn doesn't come running to me when I come into the room. That would normally bother me, but obviously that's a sign that Brooklyn is happy and content spending time with her. Having good help that I can trust also eased the transition back to work. So again, life is good. I'm thankful for a job and profession that allows me to still be the mommy and wife that I want to be.

3 comments:

Hillary said...

You are too sweet : ) It is my absolute honor to watch the girls and trust me I'm so glad I found a great family like you guys!

Nichole said...

omg! TIME TO GET THE BUMBO!!! I knew it was only a matter of time..I usually figure Noelle is going to be doing things a couple weeks after Alexis (Wessiss) sp? so yeah, congrats on that sitting up landmark!

Nichole said...

i looove the hand in mouth and the rock on! pics btw