Friday, June 4, 2010

Alexis- 4 Months

Alright, so I know that I am a little late with this post, but better late then never....

At Alexis' 4 month check up she weighed 12 lbs 12.8 oz! and was 23.5 inches long.
She's much more awake and aware of her surroundings. She loves being in her bumbo and started to really grab at things especially anything that can fit in her mouth. With that comes the drool! She's got quite an intense stare at us when we sit down for meals and she watches us eat.


She definitely uses her big brown eyes to plead with us to give her some food.


She talks, and I absolutely love listening to her coo and ahh in her crib over the baby monitor. She loves to smile.




At about 4 months she started to roll from her tummy to back and then over the past weekend she rolled from her back to her belly. When we put her down you just never know what position she'll end up in now.


Last night was her first night she slept the whole night thru. We put her down at about 830ish and at about 730am I had to go in to her room and finally wake her up. Prior to that she would get up once at about 5ish to feed and then would continue to sleep. So we had really no complaints there. We'll see if she keeps up the long nights of rest or if last night was just a fluke. We are working on a nap routine for her. I finally am able to get her to nap in her room. Now I just have to be more consistant on the times. So far she's been doing well with 3 naps throughout the day anywhere from 1.5 hrs to 3 hrs. (I hope I just didn't jinx it!).

She likes to play in her activity center



We're working on her sitting up.



As you see our baby girl is doing great! We are very proud parents. I can't believe that about 5 months ago I was still pregnant with Alexis. She seems like she's always been here with us and that life is how it always was....or maybe it is just the life that Brett and I were meant to have.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow, 12lbs. 12oz.....Jonah was 16lbs. 14oz. at four month....she must feel to tiny. We have got to get them together. I am home all summer (and next year too - not sure if Brett told you) so lets plan a date :)