Monday, August 9, 2010

Slow Down....

Recent events triggered my new outlook and blogging just wasn't a priority anymore. We were reminded 2 weeks ago that life is just too precious. Carlos was the husband of a friend of mine from work and he was killed in the line of duty working as an undercover cop. He leaves behind a very beautiful wife and 2 incredible little boys. My heart aches for them.....



Carlos was honored by thousands of people last week here in Chandler and both Brett and I were able to pay our last respects at his funeral. It was an incredibly emotional and moving experience. I don't doubt that God will continue to give Sherry and her boys strength and that Carlos isn't watching over them from above. Rest in Peace Carlos...and THANK YOU.


After last weeks events I am reminded to simply slow down and appreciate every moment in life and savour every moment with my family. Brett and I went out on a long needed date night. We've been able to see friends for dinner and lunch, take the girls to a birthday party. Enjoy some cheap summertime fun in the blow up whale pool on the patio, have friends over to watch the UFC fight, and have a playdate. Despite my attempts to slow life down....the girls just keep treking along and amazing us with their new "tricks." They refuse to slow the growing process. Alexis is desperate to crawl....



And loves to try and keep up with her big sister and play right along with her...





Nothing is better then seeing the love my two girls have for each other.....




Alexis is said her first words "MAMA!" Wahooooooooo!!!! (I wonder how long it'll take her to turn that into Mae...but for now who cares, I'll savour it!) Alexis also has the most irresitable gummy smile. I love that she still has no teeth....







Brooklyn is constantly surprising us with her antics and personality. Here she is at a recent Birthday party getting her face painted.



She's having conversations with us and really developing her speech and vocab. We're learning that we can reason with her....which is FABULOUS during mealtimes. She loves learning how to do new things....her new thing now is taking her stool around to all the rooms and turning the lights off. She rarely acts up and with the MOST amazing thing she's done is when she's having her "moment" she'll walk herself over to her "timeout chair," sit herself down to calm and relax herself. And all without having been told to do so. What makes it more amazing is that I've only used the time out chair 1 or 2 other times. She doesn't only do it for me but she's surprised Hillary the other day by taking herself to her chair to calm down. So it looks like she's got mommy's passion and hot temper with dad's self control! Nice! I've put a hold on the potty training and very willingly decided I wasn't going to push it...she's gotta want to do it herself. And I'm halfway there on getting rid of her binkie, meaning I've been able to successfully trim half the nipple down on the binkie and we're working on trimming it down to nothing. She's successfully counts to 14, but still manages to skip 1. And she's got her ABC's down and now we are working on letter identification.

So there you have it....we're trying to enjoy life.....but at a much SLOWer pace....

No comments: