Tuesday, October 26, 2010

9 Months

Alexis Hope


Good things come in itsy bitsy teeny packages....

Weight : 15lb 12oz
Height : 26 inches

Alexis is teetering on the bottom of her growth curve which we attribute to her increase in physical activity. Let's be honest....she wasn't exactly high on the growth curve to begin with! Alexis is Crawling everywhere and pulling herself up on nearly everything that she can, her favorite though is it to crawl up to our legs and try to make her way up. She loves to follow big sis around and what Brooklyn plays with Alexis wants also.



She's waving to us, but hasn't mastered the hand wave instead she waves with her WHOLE arm. When she wants to make clapping sounds she'll just slap her hand on the closest thing to her....even if it's someones body part.


She's up to 4 teeth now. Eats anything we give her. She's great with finger foods and Mommy's getting braver by the day on introducing more to her. It helps that she has more teeth now. I gave her a frozen mini bagel this morning to help her teeth and gnaw on and then a few mins later I turn around to see how's she's doing and she'd eaten half of it. (I would have blamed Deuce, but he was running around outside chasing the lizards)

Alexis sleeps great, greater when she's in the closet. (I haven't quite put the pack n play away yet, because mommy likes long naps!) It doesn't help that her room is in the front of the house and she hears cars go by...garbage day especially sucks) Alexis is on a good schedule and routine with naps meals and playtime. She's an incredibly calm easy going 9 month old. She's babbling and smiling and very social. Her smile just lights up the whole room. Brooklyn has even picked up on her incredible good looks and will randomly go up to her, put her arm around her and say "Hey Pretty Girl!" I can't get over that she's our baby!





*****We had some family pictures done the other day and above is just a sample of the incredible work Shauna was able to do. So talented. If you click on her link to look at the photos you have to go under blog archive and check out "Seriously Sweet" to see the sneak peeks of the pictures. Try not to remember the pictures, some of you will most likely see them again in holiday cards in a few months! I wasn't going to share them yet, but couldn't resist since she did such an awesome job and wanted to give her credit. I hope the rest of the pictures Shauna took turn out as great as the sneak peek!!! I wouldn't mind having a diffcult time choosing which pictures to put on holiday cards!******

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, I still can't believe how tiny she is. I just looked at Jonah's book and he was 15 lbs. 6 oz. at 3 months!!!! Crazy....he has a good seven pounds on her now. She is so stinkin cute. I love that pic of her on your shoulder...can't wait to see the rest.

Jill Hoppy Anderson said...

I was just looking at my blog stats and it shows that most people come to my blog through your blog, and you and I have never even officially met! Funny, huh?!

So, I went to you blog to check it out and noticed your daughter's name is Alexis, which is what I go by in Korea! I love it! :)