Friday, November 26, 2010

Gobble Gobble!!!!



Thanksgiving was spent the 2nd best way I could ever want. My first preference would be with our family of course! But being as our real blood given family live in the midwest, we've been lucky to create our own family away from "real" family here. We're so lucky to have both the Tathams and Rieckes join us to celebrate this holiday and for the most part each Thanksgiving for the past however many years we've been together. Crazy to think that when we first started this celebration of thanksgiving together we didn't have any little kiddos running around, and now about 5 years later, we have 5 kiddos between the 3 familys with one on the way!












We have LOTS to be very thankful for this year. Our home, family, love, health, etc...but today I reminded that I am incredibly thankful also for our friends. They are an extention of our family and we're so lucky to have them in our lives! It's tough being so far away from our family and not having a single family member close by...I reminded that on nearly a daily basis and especially during the holidays. Having our friends here doesn't make being away from family all to hard!

2 comments:

Ari Kelly said...

Cute pix! I love how Alexis is hanging with the big kids and looks so cute and precious next to them :)Where are pix of you? You parents forget to have pix of you, too!

Riecke's said...

I didn't notice my husband in the kitchen! Also my daughter looks like she has a mullet! My son is quite the stud! Again thank you so much for entertaining. we love you so much!