Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thrifty

I've been a huge fan of this online shopping website lately....

They've been around for a years now and I haven't the slightest idea why I haven't gotten hooked any earlier. I love AMAZON. I started getting hooked when I got my Kindle for my birthday. It's now become my priority on-line shopping website. I especially love their suscribe and save program because it saves me 30%! And now I've been able to do their prime membership scoring me free shipping in 2 days for the next year. I do have to credit my friend Nicole for showing me the saving ways. I've been able to score some pretty cheap diapers through them and we all know how pricey that can be. And with 2 kids it's double the diaper cost. Doesn't help that I'm a Pampers snob and insisting on a pricier brand. But I do love me some Pampers....



Thankfully only Alexis is in diapers now and Brooklyn uses pull ups only at night. I'll be glad when Alexis is out of diapers, but for now I can pride myself in paying 7.99 for 128 pampers size 4 diapers. Alexis isn't in size 4 yet, but my house is probably fully stocked with Size 3's already. I've gotten boxes stacked to the ceiling. Funny because when the doorbell rings Brooklyn tells me before I even open it, "Mommy, more diapers!"

I did manage to shop a little for myself as well....no surprise there. I'm way over due on new work shoes since my last pair I got over 2.5 years ago. I've been eyeing the Dansko shoes. Hestitant on buying all this time since they normally sell for about $120 dollars. I wasn't going to make that purchase on the chance that I might hate the shoe....until I found myself this option....

One of the perks of being little with little feet...I can wear kids shoes! And wouldn't you know, Dansko makes kids shoes. I scored this brand new pair for only $37! Definitely worth the pennies I spent and I don't have to feel guilty shelling an arm and a leg out for new work shoes.

Brett of course was not to be left out of our latest shopping. He was due for new work suits, since his new job requires him in a black suit 5-6 days a week a little investment had to be planned.

We all know the couple of hundreds of dollars one suit can set someone back. Ouch! Well Our next thrifty purchase unfortunately did not come from Amazon, but rather a local Phoenix shop. Brett scored 4 brand new suits for 295! (I think the total with tax and hemming/tailor was somewhere around $360) Holy SAVINGS batman!

We are a happier household with a few more pennies in our pocket....However, I'll leave out the dollars spent on re-decorating Brooklyn's room, my ongoing project of the month.....I even busted out my brand new Sewing maching from the box for this project!

No comments: