Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Seize the Moment....

It's been my New Years resolution this year. To really take advantage of my girl's youth and innocence and enjoy every precious moment. I've been obsessed with keeping a clean and organized home and I don't ever want to look back on life and think I wish I spent less time cleaning my kitchen floors and more time with my girls. I struggle with resting after a long night of work and "parenting from the couch" as I call it instead of being right there on the floor with the girls playing barbie, stacking blocks, and putting puzzles together. I need to look at the box of play-doh and not think, I hate that its soo messy, it gets everywhere, so let's hide it (any parent of a toddler knows exactly what I mean!), but rather Brooklyn LOVES to play with it lets take it out. It's a struggle I have and a balance I'm constantly trying to work on. I want to look back at this picture, chuckle deep down inside,

and then think it took me 30 minutes to comb thru her mopped up nest and that was 30minutes of quality bonding time! And the outcome...so worth it....

I want to provide a loving caring home...have their favorite but most nutritious meals on the table for every meal...fatten my peanut up (17lbs 5 oz at her last week check up...up 12 oz in 6 wks)

Most importantly I want my girls to look at themselves in the mirror and know they were loved and cared for to our utmost ability.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Love it Mae, I am tryying to do the same thing here :)

Becky said...

Fabulous blog post! I feel a tear forming. :) Going to leave the dishes for later and play rapunzel with Amaya!