Friday, April 8, 2011

Dancing with MY Star

In an effort to make the transition to preschool to Fall an easy one we have opted to enroll Brooklyn in weekly Dance lessons. Since we have not had to use day care in which we drop the girls off anywhere and instead just had our own in home child care help my biggest concern was then having the crying traumatized child when we did finally drop her off at anywhere, especially preschool. SO i figured we sign her up for dance lessons...thinking this would help with the transition. I got her a new leotard and had her dress up in it a few days before to get her psyched up for the class. I totally thought Brooklyn would be crying and looking for me when we dropped her off. I prepped and prepped her for weeks about going to dance school by herself and that she'd make new friends. So what does she do... I drop her off at Dance school and she goes right up to the first girl she meets and say "I Gooklin, you be my friend!" turned away from me and never looked back! It was me that walked into the waiting room shedding the tears....laugh away I know I'm being ridiculous! But I just had to have that moment. Apparently in the Fall I'm the one that will need the emotional support the first day of school. Things got better because for the next 45 mins I watch on their TV monitors my little dancing queen have a blast with all her new friends. I was even that Mom that took a little video of the TV monitor to later share with Daddy and of course our Blog....


The dance class we signed her up for was a intro to Ballet Jazz and Tumbling, hence the somersaults. I still can't get over how quickly your babies grow....

No comments: