Monday, December 3, 2012

Writing Skills

A few months ago I was banging my head against a wall trying to teach Brooklyn her letters. Ask any of my friends, I was discouraged at MY ability to teach them. No more then maybe a month ago she struggled with any letters beyond her name.
But does she have her name perfect!!!


When we sat down to do her homework today she produced this....


Conpletely Unprovoked and completely independently she managed to write all her letters! in school she's only learning the letter M. So we went from feeling a few steps behind to a few steps ahead. I can't tell you how AMAZED I am on her progress over the last few months! It's crazy how kids their age just one day pick up new skills and more knowledge. I love her teacher at school for all the positive encouragement she gives her how fun she's made learning. In January she will start school 5 days a week. (Side note: this is the first time in 4.5 years I will be at home on a regular basis without a child to keep me company... CRAZY! )

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: